If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Add Stories & Photos
Life on Home Front
Day by Day
Those Who Served
Central Powers Army
War in the Air
Prisoners of War
The Royal Navy
Central Powers' Navy
Women at War
Can you Answer?
World War Two
How to add Memories
Add Your Story
Printable Memories Form
Help & FAQ's
Our Facebook Page
Great War Books
Research your Family History.
World War 1 One ww1 wwII greatwar great
- British Army
- Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders (Princess Louise's)
- Army Chaplains' Department
- Army Cyclist Corps
- Army Pay Department and Army Pay Corps
- Army Service Corps
- Army Veterinary Corps
- Ayrshire Yeomanry (Earl of Carrick's Own)
- Bedfordshire Regiment
- Bedfordshire Yeomanry
- Royal Berkshire Regiment
- Berkshire Yeomanry
- Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment)
- Border Regiment
- British West Indies Regiment
- Buckinghamshire Yeomanry (Royal Bucks Hussars)
- The Cambridgeshire Regiment
- Cameron Highlanders (Queen's Own)
- Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)
- Cheshire Regiment
- Cheshire Yeomanry (Earl of Chester's)
- City of London Yeomanry (Rough Riders)
- Coldstream Guards
- Connaught Rangers
- Corps of Military Police
- Denbighshire Hussars
- Derbyshire Yeomanry
- Devonshire Regiment
- Royal Devon Yeomanry
- 1st King's Dragoon Guards
- 3rd Dragoon Guards (Prince of Wales's)
- 4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards
- 5th Dragoon Guards
- 6th Dragoon Guards (The Carabiniers)
- 7th (The Princess Royal's) Dragoon Guards
- Dorset Yeomanry
- Dorsetshire Regiment
- Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry
- Duke of Lancaster's Own Yeomanry
- Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- Royal Dublin Fusiliers
- Durham Light Infantry
- Royal East Kent Regiment (The Buffs)
- Royal East Kent Yeomanry (The Duke of Connaught's Own)
- East Lancashire Regiment
- East Riding Yeomanry
- East Surrey Regiment
- East Yorkshire Regiment (The Duke of York's Own)
- Essex Regiment
- Essex Yeomanry
- Fife and Forfar Yeomanry - Scottish Horse
- First Aid Nursing Yeomanry
- Flintshire and Denbighshire Yeomanry
- Forage Corps
- Glamorgan Yeomanry
- Royal Gloucestershire Hussars
- Gloucestershire Regiment
- Gordon Highlanders
- Green Howards (Alexandra, Princess of Wales's Own Yorkshire Regiment)
- Grenadier Guards
- The Royal Guernsey Light Infantry
- Hampshire Regiment
- Hampshire Yeomanry (Carabiniers)
- Herefordshire Regiment
- Hertfordshire Regiment
- Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment)
- Honourable Artillery Company
- Imperial Camel Corps
- 6th Inniskilling Dragoons
- Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers
- Intelligence Corps
- Irish Guards
- Royal Irish Fusiliers (Princess Victoria's)
- Royal Irish Regiment
- Royal Irish Rifles
- King Edward's Horse
- King's Own Royal (Lancaster) Regiment
- King's Own Scottish Borderers
- King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- King's Regiment (Liverpool)
- Kings Royal Rifle Corps
- King's Shropshire Light Infantry
- Labour Corps
- Lanarkshire Yeomanry
- Lancashire Fusiliers
- Lancashire Hussars Yeomanry
- Leicestershire Regiment
- Leicestershire Yeomanry (Prince Albert's Own)
- Leinster Regiment
- Lincolnshire Regiment
- Lincolnshire Yeomanry
- London Regiment
- Lothians and Border Horse Yeomanry
- Loyal North Lancashire Regiment.
- Machine Gun Corps.
- Manchester Regiment
- Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge's Own)
- Middlesex Yeomanry (Duke of Cambridge's Own Hussars)
- Monmouthshire Regiment
- Montgomeryshire Yeomanry
- Norfolk Regiment
- Norfolk Yeomanry (The King's Own Royal Regiment)
- Royal North Devon Yeomanry
- North Irish Horse
- North Somerset Yeomanry
- North Staffordshire Regiment (The Prince of Wales's)
- Northamptonshire Regiment
- Northamptonshire Yeomanry
- Northumberland Fusiliers
- Northumberland Hussars
- Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Regiment (Sherwood Foresters)
- Nottinghamshire Yeomanry (Sherwood Rangers)
- Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry
- Oxfordshire Yeomanry (Queen's Own Oxfordshire Hussars)
- Pembroke Yeomanry (Castlemartin)
- 2nd Queen's Dragoon Guards (Queens Bays)
- Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey)
- Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own)
- Royal Army Medical Corps
- Royal Defence Corps
- Royal Field Artillery
- Royal Horse Artillery
- Royal Engineers
- Royal Flying Corps
- Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment)
- Royal Garrison Artillery
- Royal Naval Division
- Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers
- Royal Munster Fusiliers
- Seaforth Highlanders (Ross-shire Buffs, The Duke of Albany's)
- Royal Scots
- Royal Scots Fusiliers
- Royal Sussex Regiment
- Scots Guards
- Scottish Horse (Fife and Forfar Yeomanry)
- Shropshire Yeomanry
- Somerset Light Infantry (Prince Albert's)
- South Irish Horse
- South Lancashire Regiment(Prince of Wales's Volunteers)
- South Nottinghamshire Hussars
- South Staffordshire Regiment
- South Wales Borderers
- Staffordshire Yeomanry (Queen's Own Royal Regiment)
- Suffolk Regiment
- Suffolk Yeomanry (The Duke of York's Own Loyal Suffolk Hussars)
- Surrey Yeomanry (Queen Mary's Regiment)
- Sussex Yeomanry
- Tank Corps
- Territorial Force Nursing Service
- Voluntary Aid Detachment
- Royal Warwickshire Regiment
- Warwickshire Yeomanry
- Royal Welch Fusiliers
- Welch Regiment
- Welsh Guards
- Welsh Horse
- Royal West Kent Regiment (Queen's Own)
- West Kent Yeomanry (Queen's Own)
- West Somerset Yeomanry
- West Yorkshire Regiment (Prince of Wales's Own)
- Westminster Dragoons (2nd County of London Yeomanry)
- Wiltshire Regiment (Duke of Edinburgh's)
- Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry (Prince of Wales's Own)
- Worcestershire Hussars (Queen's Own)
- Worcestershire Regiment
- Alexandra, Princess of Wales's Own Yorkshire Regiment (The Green Howards)
- York and Lancaster Regiment
- Yorkshire Dragoons
- Yorkshire Hussars
- British Colonial Army
- Tigris Corps
- Australian Imperial Force
- 1st Brigade
- 1st Battalion
- 2nd Battalion
- 3rd Battalion
- 4th Battalion
- 2nd Brigade
- 5th Battalion
- 6th Battalion
- 7th Battalion
- 8th Battalion
- 3rd Brigade
- 9th Battalion
- 10th Battalion
- 11th Battalion
- 12th Battalion
- 4th Brigade
- 13th Battalion
- 14th Battalion
- 15th Battalion
- 16th Battalion
- 5th Brigade
- 17th Battalion
- 18th Battalion
- 19th Battalion
- 20th Battalion
- 6th Brigade
- 21st Battalion
- 22nd Battalion
- 23rd Battalion
- 24th Battalion
- 7th Brigade
- 25th Battalion
- 26th Battalion
- 27th Battalion
- 28th Battalion
- 8th Brigade
- 29th Battalion
- 30th Battalion
- 31st Battalion
- 32nd Battalion
- 9th Brigade
- 10th Brigade
- 11th Brigade
- 12th Brigade
- 45th Battalion
- 46th Battalion
- 47th Battalion
- 48th Battalion
- 13th Brigade
- 49th Battalion
- 50th Battalion
- 51st Battalion
- 52nd Battalion
- 14th Brigade
- 53rd Battalion
- 54th Battalion
- 55th Battalion
- 56th Battalion
- 15th Brigade
- 57th Battalion
- 58th Battalion
- 59th Battalion
- 60th Battalion
- 1st LH Brigade
- 1st Light Horse Regiment
- 2nd Light Horse Regiment
- 3rd Light Horse Regiment
- 2nd LH Brigade
- 5th Light Horse Regiment
- 6th Light Horse Regiment
- 7th Light Horse Regiment
- 3rd LH Brigade
- 8th Light Horse Regiment
- 9th Light Horse Regiment
- 10th Light Horse Regiment
- 4th LH Brigade
- 4th Light Horse Regiment
- 11th Light Horse Regiment
- 12th Light Horse Regiment
- 5th LH Brigade
- 14th Light Horse Regiment
- 15th Light Horse Regiment
- Australian Mining Corps (or Battalion)
- 1st Australian Tunnelling Company
- 2nd Australian Tunnelling Company
- 3rd Australian Tunnelling Company
- Australian Electrical Mechanical Boring and Mining Company
- 13th Light Horse Regiment
- II ANZAC (XXII Corps) Mounted Regiment
- Imperial Camel Corps
- Canadian Army
- The Newfoundland Regiment
- 1st Canadian Division
- 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 13th Battalion (Royal Highlanders of Canada)
- 14th Battalion (Royal Montreal Regiment)
- 15th Battalion (48th Highlanders of Canada)
- 2nd Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 5th Battalion (Western Cavalry)
- 8th Battalion (Winnepeg Rifles)
- 7th Battalion (1st British Columbia Regiment)
- 10th Battalion (10th Canadians)
- 16th Battalion (Canadian Scottish)
- 2nd Canadian Division
- Headquarters 2nd Canadian Division.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Mounted Troops.
- Cavalry Squadron.
- Cyclist Company.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Artillery.
- 5th Brigade Royal Field Artillery.
- 11th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery.
- 18th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery.
- 131st. Brigade, Royal Field Artillery (Howitzer).
- 4th. Canadian Artillery Brigade.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Ammunition Column.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Engineers.
- 4th Field Company, Canadian Engineers.
- 5th Field Company Canadian Engineers.
- 6th Field Company Canadian Engineers.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Signal Company.
- 4th Canadian Infantry Brigade.
- 18th Canadian Battalion.
- 19th Canadian Battalion.
- 20th Canadian Battalion.
- 21st Canadian Battalion.
- 5th Canadian Infantry Brigade.
- 22nd Canadian Battalion.
- 24th Canadian Battalion.
- 25th Canadian Battalion.
- 26th Canadian Battalion.
- 6th Canadian Infantry Brigade.
- 27th Canadian Battalion.
- 28th Canadian Battalion.
- 29th Canadian Battalion.
- 31st Canadian Battalion.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Train.
- No. 5 Company (H.Q. Company).
- No. 6 Company.
- No. 7 Company.
- No. 8 Company.
- 4th Canadian Field Ambulance.
- 5th Canadian Field Ambulance.
- 6th Canadian Field Ambulance.
- 2nd Canadian Divisional Ambulance Workshop.
- 2nd Canadian Sanitary Section.
- 2nd Canadian Mobile Veterinary Section.
- Borden Motor Machine Gun Battery (attached).
- 3rd Canadian Division
- Headquarters, 3rd Canadian Division.
- 3rd Canadian Divisional Signal Company.
- 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade.
- Royal Canadian Regiment.
- Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry.
- 42nd Canadian Regiment.
- 49th Canadian Regiment.
- 8th Canadian Infantry Brigade.
- 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles Regiment.
- 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles Regiment.
- 4th Canadian Mounted Rifles Regiment.
- 5th Canadian Mounted Rifles Regiment.
- Canadian Cavalry Brigade (attached).
- Royal Canadian Dragoons.
- Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians).
- 2nd King Edward’s Horse.
- Signal Troop with Canadian Cavalry Brigade (attached).
- 4th Canadian Division
- Divisional Headquarters
- 10th Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 44th Canadian Infantry Battalion (New Brunswick Regiment)
- 46th Canadian Infantry Battalion (Saskatchewan Regt)
- 47th Canadian Infantry Battalion (Western Ontario Regiment)
- 50th Canadian Infantry Battalion (Alberta Regiment)
- 10th Canadian Machine Gun Company
- 10th Canadian Light Trench Mortar Battery
- 11th Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 54th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 75th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 87th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 102nd Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 11th Canadian Machine Gun Company
- 11th Canadian Light Trench Mortar Battery
- 12th Canadian Infantry Brigade
- 38th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 73rd Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 85th Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 72nd Canadian Infantry Battalion
- 12th Canadian Machine Gun Company
- 12th Canadian Light Trench Mortar Battery
- 10th Field Company, Canadian Engineers
- 11th Field Company, Canadian Engineers.
- 12th Field Company, Canadian Engineers.
- 67th Canadian Pioneer Battalion
- 124th Canadian Pioneer Battalion
- 4th Canadian Divisional Signal Company
- 4th Canadian Divisional Train
- 11th Field Ambulance, C.A.M.C.
- 12th Field Ambulance, C.A.M.C.
- 13th Field Ambulance, C.A.M.C.
- 1st Canadian Tunnelling Company
- 2nd Canadian Tunnelling Company
- 3rd Canadian Tunnelling Company
New Zealand Expeditionary Force
- Auckland Regiment
- 1st Battalion Auckland Regt.
- 2nd Battalion Auckland Regt.
- 3rd (Auckland) Regiment
- 6th (Hauraki) Regiment
- 15th (North Auckland) Regiment
- 16th (Waikato) Regiment
- Wellington Regiment
- 1st Battalion Wellington Regt.
- 2nd Battalion Wellington Regt.
- 7th (Wellington West Coast) Regiment
- 9th (Hawke's Bay) Regiment
- 11th (Taranaki) Regiment
- 17th (Ruahine) Regiment
- 5th Wellington Regiment
- Canterbury Regiment
- 1st (Canterbury) Regiment
- 2nd (South Canterbury) Regiment
- 12th (Nelson) Regiment
- 13th (North Canterbury and Westland) Regiment
- Otago Regiment
- 1st Battalion Otago Regt.
- 2nd Battalion Otago Regt.
- 4th (Otago) Regiment
- 8th (Southland) Regiment
- 10th (North Otago) Regiment
- 14th (South Otago) Regiment
1st New Zealand Brigade. 2nd New Zealand Brigade. New Zealand Rifle Brigade
- 3rd New Zealand (Rifle) Brigade.
- 1st Battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
- 2nd Battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
- 3rd Battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
- 4th Battalion New Zealand Rifle Brigade.
New Zealand Pioneer Battalion. 1st New Zealand Battery. 3rd New Zealand Battery. 7th New Zealand Battery. 8th New Zealand Battery. 15th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 2nd New Zealand Brigade. 2nd New Zealand Battery. 5th New Zealand Battery. 6th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 9th New Zealand Battery. 10th New Zealand Battery. 3rd New Zealand Brigade. 4th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 11th New Zealand Battery. 12th New Zealand Battery. 13th New Zealand Battery. 14th New Zealand Battery. 4th New Zealand Brigade. 8th New Zealand Battery. 10th New Zealand Battery. 14th New Zealand Battery. 16th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 4th New Zealand (Howitzer) Brigade. 4th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 6th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 15th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. Wellington Mounted Rifles. Canterbury Mounted Rifles. Auckland Mounted Rifles. Otago Mounted Rifles. Maori Battalion. New Zealand Pioneer Battalion. 1st New Zealand Battery. 2nd New Zealand Battery. 3rd New Zealand Battery. 4th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 5th New Zealand Battery. 6th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 7th New Zealand Battery. 8th New Zealand Battery. 9th New Zealand Battery. 10th New Zealand Battery. 11th New Zealand Battery. 12th New Zealand Battery. 13th New Zealand Battery. 14th New Zealand Battery. 15th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery. 16th New Zealand (Howitzer) Battery.
- New Zealand Tunnelling Company
British Indian Army French Army
- 52nd Battalion of Chasseurs (The Blue Devils)
- 235th R.I.
- 260th R.I.
- 329th R.I.
- French Foreign Legion - Regiment de Marche de la Legion Etrangere (RMLE)
Belgian Army Russian Army Serbian Army United States Army Japanese Army Italian Army (After April 1915)
If you have a story or any photographs which you would like to share please get in touch.
Suggest a link
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXIV
- All Rights Reserved