- SS. Fort Brandon during the Second World War -
Ships of WW2 Index
If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Airfields of WW2
Royal Air Force
Prisoners of War
Secrets of WWII
Women at War
Those Who Served
The Great War
How to add Memories
TWMP on Facebook
Can you Answer?
Your Family History
SS. Fort Brandon
If you can provide any additional information, please add it here.
Those known to have sailed in
SS. Fort Brandon
during the Second World War 1939-1945.
The names on this list have been submitted by relatives, friends, neighbours and others who wish to remember them, if you have any names to add or any recollections or photos of those listed, please Add a Name to this List
The Wartime Memories Project is the original WW1 and WW2 commemoration website.
- To commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day, we are launching a new feature, Second World War Day by Day and also a new Library to allow access to records which have previously been held in our offline archive.
- Looking for help with Family History Research? Please read our Family History FAQ's
- The Wartime Memories Project is run by volunteers and this website is funded by donations from our visitors. If the information here has been helpful or you have enjoyed reaching the stories please conside making a donation, no matter how small, would be much appreciated, annually we need to raise enough funds to pay for our web hosting or this site will vanish from the web. In these difficult times current donations are falling far short of this target.If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help with the website. We currently have a huge backlog of submissions which need to be edited for display online, if you have a good standard of written English, an interest in the two World Wars and a little time to spare online we would appreciate your help. For more information please see our page on Volunteering.
Research your own Family History.
May 2017 - Please note we currently have a large backlog of submitted material, our volunteers are working through this as quickly as possible and all names, stories and photos will be added to the site. If you have already submitted a story to the site and your UID reference number is higher than 231539, your information is still in the queue, please do not resubmit without contacting us first.
We are aware of the issue with missing images, this is due to the redesign of the website, images will reappear as soon as the new version of the page is completed, thank you for your patience.
We are now on Facebook. Like this page to receive our updates.
If you have a general question please post it on our Facebook page.
Wanted: Digital copies of Group photographs, Scrapbooks, Autograph books, photo albums, newspaper clippings, letters, postcards and ephemera relating to WW2. We would like to obtain digital copies of any documents or photographs relating to WW2 you may have at home.
If you have any unwanted photographs, documents or items from the First or Second World War, please do not destroy them. The Wartime Memories Project will give them a good home and ensure that they are used for educational purposes.Please get in touch for the postal address, do not sent them to our PO Box as packages are not accepted. World War 1 One ww1 wwII greatwar great
Did you know? We also have a section on The Great War. and a Timecapsule to preserve stories from other conflicts for future generations.
Firemn. Sidney Andrew Watkins SS. Fort BrandonLooking for anyone who served with my father, Sidney A. Watkins,in the Merchant Navy.
I have his war payslips from nine vessels he served on whilst in merchant navy; SS Tudor Star,SS Fort Brandon, SS Vimeira, SS Lornaston, SS Calgary, SS Norman Star, SS Port Sydney, SS Ocean Volga, SS Oceanfame, SS Empire Pibroch While serving on SS Tudor Star he got a letter from the Admiralty thanking the crew for shooting down enemy planes on 4th February 1941.
I am trying to build a family tree and fill in missing links through war years, before he came to New Zealand in 1947/8 aboard the SS. Port Maquarie. I am trying to establish, for his children, grand and great grand childern, this part of his history. I would be grateful for any information anyone can provideBarry Watkins
Able Sea. Sidney Andrew WatkinsSidney Andrew Watkins, service number R164516 Fireman AB/Gunner, British Merchant Navy from 1940 to 1946. He served on vessels Vimiera, Lornaston, Calgary, Norman Star, Port Sydney, Ocean Volga, Ocean Fame, Empire Pibroch, Fort Brandon and SS Tudor Star. It was aboard the Tudor Star that dad and the crew received a letter of congratulations from the Admiralty of the Fleet dated 17th February 1941, about an encounter with an enemy aeroplane they shot down on 4th February 1941.
If anyone can shed light on the movements of any of these vessel it would be very much appreciated. I do have account of wage dockets to my father from all above vessels but not much else, and like others am attempting to piece together war memories that can be passed on to my children and grandchildren.Barry Watkins
Available at discounted prices.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved