- HMS Kildwick during the Second World War -
If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Allied Air Forces
Prisoners of War
Women at War
Those Who Served
The Great War
TWMP on Facebook
Your Family History
If you can provide any additional information, please add it here.
Those known to have sailed in
during the Second World War 1939-1945.
- Line Charles Sidney. AB.
The names on this list have been submitted by relatives, friends, neighbours and others who wish to remember them, if you have any names to add or any recollections or photos of those listed, please Add a Name to this List
The Wartime Memories Project is the original WW1 and WW2 commemoration website.
- To commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day, we are launching a new feature, Second World War Day by Day and also a new Library to allow access to records which have previously been held in our offline archive.
- Looking for help with Family History Research? Please read our Family History FAQ's
- The Wartime Memories Project is run by volunteers and this website is funded by donations from our visitors. If the information here has been helpful or you have enjoyed reaching the stories please conside making a donation, no matter how small, would be much appreciated, annually we need to raise enough funds to pay for our web hosting or this site will vanish from the web. In these difficult times current donations are falling far short of this target.If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help with the website. We currently have a huge backlog of submissions which need to be edited for display online, if you have a good standard of written English, an interest in the two World Wars and a little time to spare online we would appreciate your help. For more information please see our page on Volunteering.
Research your own Family History.
June 2017 - Please note we currently have a large backlog of submitted material, our volunteers are working through this as quickly as possible and all names, stories and photos will be added to the site. If you have already submitted a story to the site and your UID reference number is higher than 232065, your information is still in the queue, please do not resubmit without contacting us first.
We are aware of the issue with missing images, this is due to the redesign of the website, images will reappear as soon as the new version of the page is completed, thank you for your patience.
We are now on Facebook. Like this page to receive our updates.
If you have a general question please post it on our Facebook page.
Wanted: Digital copies of Group photographs, Scrapbooks, Autograph books, photo albums, newspaper clippings, letters, postcards and ephemera relating to WW2. We would like to obtain digital copies of any documents or photographs relating to WW2 you may have at home.
If you have any unwanted photographs, documents or items from the First or Second World War, please do not destroy them. The Wartime Memories Project will give them a good home and ensure that they are used for educational purposes.Please get in touch for the postal address, do not sent them to our PO Box as packages are not accepted. World War 1 One ww1 wwII greatwar great
Did you know? We also have a section on The Great War. and a Timecapsule to preserve stories from other conflicts for future generations.
AB. Charles Sidney "Soap Sud" Line HMS KildwickMy father, Charles Sidney Line who served at HMS Collingwood and later assigned to HMS Kildwick which was a Kil class Patrol sloops (Patrol Craft Escort) which was was commissioned through the Lease Lend from the U.S in July 1943.
There are no names written on the backs of these photos of my father and his Ship Mates and those that l have are on the back of photos that l will mention , i.e Soap Suds and Lagos there is another that is on the back which l have attached any information would be grateful as my Mother is still alive and would like to hear from anyone who has any information on the Ships service and any photos as well as memories, l have no picture of HMS Kildwick.
Does anybody know anything about HMS Marleborough 25th June 1943 being issued with a 3 day pass which l have also included amongst the photos and of the Ocean Daily News Paper ( Editorial office , Ships Orderly Room , Main Deck Aft ! , it is Blank on the back and looks as if it was pinned to a Ships Company Notice Board.
My Mother tells me that my Father was on ships serving as a Torpedo man but l have looked and seen that HMS Kildwick did not have Torpedos and only Hedge Hogs and Death Charges and K Guns and 20 mm & 40 mm anti Aircraft Guns, so does this mean that HMS Marlborough had Torpedos the other thing is on his Marriage Photo with my Mother that a Trade Badge can be seen that maybe either a Cannon or Torpedo.
I look forward to hearing from anyone who may know of any one in these photos.Colin Line
Available at discounted prices.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved