- Perth Regiment, Canadian Army during the Second World War -
Allied Forces Index
If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
Allied Air Forces
Prisoners of War
Women at War
Those Who Served
The Great War
TWMP on Facebook
Your Family History
Perth Regiment, Canadian Army
17th Apr 1945 In Action
If you can provide any additional information, especially on actions and locations at specific dates, please add it here.
Those known to have served with
Perth Regiment, Canadian Army
during the Second World War 1939-1945.
- Belisle Joseph Ovila Marcien. Pte. (d.8th January 1945)
- Bolton Walter Gladwin. Pte. (d.17th Jan 1944)
- Diwell Arthur James. Pte. (d.20th Dec 1944)
- Hepinstall Kenneth Edmund. Pte (d.20th Dec 44)
- Spears William Alexander. Sgt.Mjr.
The names on this list have been submitted by relatives, friends, neighbours and others who wish to remember them, if you have any names to add or any recollections or photos of those listed, please Add a Name to this List
The Wartime Memories Project is the original WW1 and WW2 commemoration website.
- The 1st of September 2017 is The Wartime Memories Project's 18th Birthday. If you would like to send us a present, a donation, no matter how small, would be much appreciated, annually we need to raise enough funds to pay for our web hosting or this site will vanish from the web.
- To commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day, we are launching a new feature, Second World War Day by Day and also a new Library to allow access to records which have previously been held in our offline archive.
- Looking for help with Family History Research? Please read our Family History FAQ's
- The Wartime Memories Project is run by volunteers and this website is funded by donations from our visitors. If the information here has been helpful or you have enjoyed reaching the stories please conside making a donation, no matter how small, would be much appreciated, annually we need to raise enough funds to pay for our web hosting or this site will vanish from the web. In these difficult times current donations are falling far short of this target.If you enjoy this site
please consider making a donation.
- We are also looking for volunteers to help with the website. We currently have a huge backlog of submissions which need to be edited for display online, if you have a good standard of written English, an interest in the two World Wars and a little time to spare online we would appreciate your help. For more information please see our page on Volunteering.
Research your own Family History.
Feb 2018 - Please note we currently have a large backlog of submitted material, our volunteers are working through this as quickly as possible and all names, stories and photos will be added to the site. If you have already submitted a story to the site and your UID reference number is higher than 239080, your information is still in the queue, please do not resubmit without contacting us first.
We are aware of the issue with missing images, this is due to the redesign of the website, images will reappear as soon as the new version of the page is completed, thank you for your patience.
We are now on Facebook. Like this page to receive our updates.
If you have a general question please post it on our Facebook page.
Wanted: Digital copies of Group photographs, Scrapbooks, Autograph books, photo albums, newspaper clippings, letters, postcards and ephemera relating to WW2. We would like to obtain digital copies of any documents or photographs relating to WW2 you may have at home.
If you have any unwanted photographs, documents or items from the First or Second World War, please do not destroy them. The Wartime Memories Project will give them a good home and ensure that they are used for educational purposes.Please get in touch for the postal address, do not sent them to our PO Box as packages are not accepted. World War 1 One ww1 wwII greatwar great
Did you know? We also have a section on The Great War. and a Timecapsule to preserve stories from other conflicts for future generations.
Pte. Walter Gladwin " " Bolton Perth Regiment (d.17th Jan 1944)For a year I have been searching for my Grandfather, it has always been a chip on my mothers shoulder as to why in all the years he never made any contact. Her mother was in London and when she was a year four old, she was sent to Ireland to live with her grand mother, she never saw her mother after that, and had only a phone call a few years ago to say her mother passed away.Kevin Dooner
Sgt.Mjr. William Alexander Spears 1st Btn. Perth RegimentMy grandfather was Sgt. Major William Alexander Spears of the 1st Perth Regiment in WW2. My daughter is trying to find out any information about medals, injuries etc for a school project. Grandpa never spoke of the war, and I'm not sure where to find this out.Sandra Watson
Pte Kenneth Edmund Hepinstall Perth Regiment (d.20th Dec 44)My cousin, Kenneth E Hepinstall served with the Perth Regiment for a short period and my recollection is that he was killed shortly after he was posted to it as a reinforcement. On enlistment he was enrolled in the RCA but was transferred to the RCIC when the need for infantry reinforcements grew. He is buried in the Villanova Canadian War Cemetery. My wife and I visited his grave in 1963.K R Joslin
Pte. Joseph Ovila Marcien Belisle Perth Rgt. (d.8th January 1945)My uncle, Marcien Belisle, was killed in Italy on 8th January 1945. I never met him. As a boy, his memory and death was always present in my father, also a veteran. The loss of his brother was always solemnly revered. To this day, I read his war letters (framed now in remembrance). Does anyone remember him?B Belisle
Pte. Arthur James Diwell D Coy. Perth Regiment (d.20th Dec 1944)I found this 1944 Christmas Message sent by Arthur Diwell to my father, John Lambie in my father's papers after my father died.James Lambie
Available at discounted prices.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors. The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved