The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
30th September 1915On this day:
- 6th London Bde move The 6th London Brigade RFA moved from Les Brebis to Location L.210 (between Les Brebis and Nobux les Mines), without the 16th London Battery guns and wagons which were still in action and two guns of the 15th London Battery also in action.
- 1st Battalion Royal Scots Belgium & France 1914 - 1915. 1st Battalion in Somme region Picardie, France
1st Battalion Royal Scots still at Morcourt.
Since arrival training has been carried out by a series of route marches and tactical exercises.
Accidentally wounded : 1 man.
To date 1st Battalion Royal Scots had lost 159 men (that are known)
- 30th September 1915 9th Lancers in billets
- 30th Sep 1915 Mine Detonated
- 30th Sep 1915 10th Essex in Trenches
- 30th Sep 1915 Enemy Mine Explodes
- 30th Sep 1915 Convoy Arrives
- 30th Sep 1915 Reliefs
- 30th Sep 1915 Patrols
- 30th Sep 1915 Reconnaissance
- 30th Sep 1915 Reliefs Completed
- 30th Sep 1915 Refitting
- 30th Sep 1915 Into Billets
- 30th Sep 1915 In the Trenches
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:14 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Remembering those who died this day. Pte. Robert Harold Gladwin. Middlesex Regiment 4th Battalion Read their Story. 2nd Lt. Rupert Price Hallowes. VC MID. Middlesex Regiment 4th Btn. Read their Story. Pte. Alexander Mossman. Somerset Light Infantry 8th Btn. A/Sgt. Henry John Pearce. Middlesex Regiment 4th Btn. Pte. Edward John Randall. Middlesex Regiment 4th Btn. Read their Story. Pte. Thomas Alfred Sharp. East Yorkshire Regiment 2nd Btn. Read their Story. Pte. Frederick Snelus. Worcestershire Regiment 2nd Btn. Read their Story.
Add a name to this list.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved