The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
30th May 1916On this day:
- Relocations 236th London Brigade Royal Field Artillery report from
2/Lt Masson C236 Battery and 2/Lt Corsan D236 Battery proceeded on 7 day leave of absence to England.
- 30th May 1916
- 527 Field Company RE - Arras sector Field Works. 30th May 1916.
527th (2nd Durham) Field Company, Royal Engineers. 5th Division.
Activity: Two men discharged from hospital.
- Field work in progress.
- No.1 Section.
- Forward Trench 105 Erecting trench shelters
- No.3 Section.
- Forward Trench 124 Erecting trench shelters
- Thursday Avenue G10a.4.5 Mining bomb proof grenade store.
- No.4 Section
- New Street G6c 4.9 Extending existing dugout
- St. Catherine G14b.4.4 Erecting tubular steel shelter.
- Observatory Redoubt G56.1.1 Repairing damaged dugout.
- Work party: Royal Army Medical Corps.
- Sunday Avenue G56.3.8 Mining regimental aid post
- Friday Avenue A28d.5.7 Mining regimental aid post
- Work party: Cyclist Detachment.
- K2 Sub Section Improving support line.
- 30th May 1916 3rd Canadian Tunnelling Coy War Diary
- reinforcements 42nd Siege Battery RGA
Captain(?) Burtenshaw arrived from England with two more 9.2 Howitzers and personnel from right half of the battery.
- 30th May 1916 inspections and training
- 30th May 1916 Drill
- 30th May 1916 Recce
- 30th May 1916 In Reserve
- 30th May 1916 Reliefs
- 30th May 1916 Fund Raising
- 30th May 1916 Trench Recce
- 30th May 1916 Training
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:13 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved