The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
29th June 1917On this day:
- U-Boat Index - WW1 KUK U-32 Austrian Submarine.
Launched 11th May 1917
Commissioned 29th June 1917
29 Jun 1917 - 24 Apr 1918 Gaston Vio
24 Apr 1918 - 31 Oct 1918 Otto Kasseroller
No flotilla information available
Successes 4 ships sunk with a total of 3,728 tons.
1 ship damaged with a total of 3,060 tons.
- 15 Jul 1917 k.u.k. U32 Gaston Vio Incemore (damaged) 3,060 br
- 13 May 1918 k.u.k. U32 Otto Kasseroller Julia 48 gr
- 20 May 1918 k.u.k. U32 Otto Kasseroller Agios Dionysios 58 gr
- 20 May 1918 k.u.k. U32 Otto Kasseroller Angeliki 30 gr
- 21 May 1918 k.u.k. U32 Otto Kasseroller Chatham 3,592 br
Fate Scrapped in 1920.
- 29th June 1917 Routine and Pioneers inspection
- 29th Jun 1917 Daylight Trench Raid
- TRENCHES GAVRELLE SECTOR
Quiet except for heavy bombardment at 5.30pm whizz bangs mostly on our front, heavies on our left.
The National Archives Reference WO95/2361/1
- 29th Jun 1917 Demonstration
- 29th Jun 1917 Trench Work
- 29th Jun 1917 Attack Made
- 29th Jun 1917 On the Move
- 29th of June 1917 At Meteren
- 29th of June 1917 Arrive at Ridgewood
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:10 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved