The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
28th January 1915On this day:
- 28th Jan 1915 Naval Attack Approved
- Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders appointment, Armentières Lieut. Chandler appointed to the medical charge of 21 Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders in relief of Lieut. Balfour who is temporarily attached to this Field Ambulance.
- 28th Jan 1915 2nd Queens in billets
- 28th Jan 1915 Reports of Explosion
- 28th Jan 1915 Trench Work
- 28th Jan 1915 Artillery In Action
- 2nd Life Guards Inspected by Brigadier Between 10 am and 12.30 The Brigadier made a close inspection of every horse in the 2nd Life Guards, and at the end expressed himself as 'pleasantly surprised'. A large barn at a billet occupied by C squadron was unfortunately burnt down in the night of 27-28 Jan. I visited the place with a French officer Lt Labouchon, and had a board on the affair, but could obtain no evidence as to the cause of the fire.
- 5th Mar 1915 Forts Bombarded
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:8 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved