The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
25th November 1915On this day:
- 6th London Bde RFA Loos 6th County of London Brigade RFA report one officer from Brigade Headquarters and 6th London Ammunition Column and 2 officers per Battery left Auchel, with a view to taking over from the 5th London Brigade RFA in action near Loos. Officers of the 5th London Brigade RFA arrived at Auchel to take over the guns and billets of the 6th London Brigade RFA. Arrangements have been made for this Brigade to use the guns of the 5th London Brigade RFA, whilst the latter are resting at Auchel.
- 25th November 1915 9th Lancers Digging Trenches
- 25th Nov 1915 Army Biscuits
- 25th Nov 1915 Raid Carried Out
- 25th Nov 1915 Trench Work
- 25th Nov 1915 London Defences
- 25th Nov 1915 Transferred
- 25th Nov 1915 Training
- 25th Nov 1915 Lacking Grenades
- 25th Nov 1915 Parcels
- 25th Nov 1915 Working Parties
- 25th Nov 1915 On the March
- 25th Nov 1915 On the Move
© IWM (Q 53714)
Signal Section of the 2/8th (Post Office Rifles) Battalion, London Regiment practice transmitting and receiving messages during training at Cuckfield, Sussex. The transmitting instrument was invented by Scout J. R. Riordan, sitting in the back row, right.
- 25th Nov 1915 Move
- 25th Nov 1915 Instruction
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Killed, Wounded, Missing and Prisoner Reports published this day.
This section is under construction and only available to subscribers of our Library
Want to know more?
There are:16 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved