The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
23rd June 1915On this day:
- Leave of Absence 6th County of London Brigade RFA report
Capt M.J.K. O’Malley proceeded to England on 7 days leave.
- 23rd June 1915 9th Lancers training
- Inspection of trench line held by the 19th Infantry Brigade During yesterday and today Lts. Forgan and Nash were under instruction in the trenches with Medical Officers of Regiments.
Visited with Col. Dunn and the Medical Officers of Regiments all trench line held by the 19th Infantry Brigade.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- 1st Bn Herts men mentioned in dispatches The Battalion was relieved by the 2nd Bn Grenadier Guards and moved into billets at Sailly Le Bourse. The following Officers, NCOs and men appeared in the Commander in Chief's dispatched dated 31-5-1915: Lieut. Colonel, The Viscount Hampden, Major H.P. Croft, MP, Major F. Page, Captain A.G. Clark, Captain & Adjutant, the Honourable N. Gathorne-Hardy (Rifle Brigade), Captain P.E. longmore, Captain L.F. Smeathman, Captain G.E. Whitfield, No.14 Sgt J. Barber, 2108 Acting CQMS F. Rayment, 2550 Sgt A.E Sandell, 132 Sgt R. Shirtcliffe, 2662 L/Cpl R.A. Gough, 2283 Pte. Curtis.
War Diary of the 1st Battalion Hertfordshire Regiment
- 23rd Jun 1915 In the First line Trenches
- 23rd Jun 1915 In Bivouacs
- 23rd Jun 1915 Good Luck
- 23rd Jun 1915 In Huts
- 23rd Jun 1915 Officer Killed
- 23rd Jun 1915 Route March
- 23rd June 1915
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:11 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved