The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
22nd February 1918On this day:
- Daily Activity 9th Btn. (North Irish Horse) the Royal Irish Fusiliers.
On night 22/23rd the Division Front was reorganised, with one Battalion of each Brigade in the line.
Brigade boundaries as follows:
- (a)Right as at present,
- (b) between left and centre Brigades: junction of Cabal Trench and old front line (B.8.c.90.60) – B.14.a.15.77 – A.18.c.10.00 – A.16.c.05.70.
- (c) between right and centre Brigades: Junction of Borellier Trench and St Quentin – Vendeuil Road (B.10.c.60.40) – B.15.a.70.00 – A.29.a.9.6 – G.4 Central.
- (d) left boundary: Canal.
Dispositions: The disposition of Brigades from right to left: 108 – 107 – 109th. 108 Brigade Garrisons 'C' Subsector of the Battle Zone.
- Left sub-sector: at 1730 the Battalion was relieved as follows:
- All posts west of boundary between centre and left Brigades, by 9th Battalion Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.
- Remainder of Battalion (including) C Company (passive resistance) by 15th Battalion Royal Irish Rifles about 1900.
The Battalion on relief moved to Brigade Reserve at Grand Seraucourt.
- 17th Royal Fusiliers at Lavacquerie 17th Royal Fusiliers are in the Front Line at Lavacquerie (centre)
- 22nd Feb 1918 On the Move
Intensive training. Signallers under Signalling Officer, working parties road cleaning, BBB Range MOUNT ST ELOY & under Div ------------ Officer. Weather very windy & showery.
The National Archives Reference WO95/2361/1
- 22nd Feb 1918 Training
- 22nd Feb 1918 Relief
- 22nd Feb 1918 Working Parties
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:7 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved