The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
20th March 1915On this day:
- 20th March 1915 Brigade Attachment
- 1st Battalion Royal Scots Belgium & France 1914 - 1915. 1st Battalion Royal Scots in Ypres, Belgium.
- Zeppelin raids Western Front 20th March 1915
On 20 March the three remaining Army airships set off to bomb Paris. One was lost on the return journey.
- 19th Field Ambulance leaves Armentières Handed over the billets and hospitals established in the Institution St Jude to a representative of the 18th Field Ambulance; also the Advanced Post at Houplines, and the clearing of the section of trenches held by the 18th Infantry Brigade, and one Regiment of the 17th Infantry Brigade
War Diary 19th Field Ambulance RAMC, Armentières
- Moving into Erquinghem-Lys Marched at 2.30 pm and arrived at 3.15 pm. The Field Ambulance now working by sections - A section, Surgical, B section Bath House, C section medical. A section in the École Communale' C section in the Mairie and B section in the Divisional Bath House. Very little sickness and wounds in the Brigade.
War Diary 19th Field Ambulance RAMC, Erquinghem-Lys
- 20th Mar 1915 2nd DCLI in billets
- 20th Mar 1915 Training
- 20th Mar 1915 2nd Queens receive draft
- 20th Mar 1915 Platoon Training
- 20th Mar 1915 Almost One Sided
- 20th Mar 1915 An Exchange of Verse
- 20th Mar 1915 Bathing
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:12 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved