The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
18th March 1916On this day:
- Training 6th County of London Brigade RFA at
Units at the disposal of unit commanders.
- Aerodrome opens at Bramham Moor The aerodrome at Bramham Moor, Headley Bar, Yorkshire opened on the 18th March 1916. Initially home to "B" and "C" flights, 33 Squadron Royal Flying Corps, with "A" flight being detached to York Racecourse.
- 1st KOSB Dock 1st Btn. Kings Own Scottish Borders docked at Marseille and boarded a train at 10pm which departed at 10.45 pm
- 18th Mar 1916 In Reserve
- 18th Mar 1916 On the Move
- 18th Mar 1916 Escape from Germany
- 18th Mar 1916 Suez
- 18th Mar 1916 Reliefs
- 18th Mar 1916 Exchange of Fire
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:9 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved