The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
18th April 1915On this day:
- Daily Battery Activity 6th London Brigade RFA 17th Battery, 6th County of London Brigade RFA, which until this date had been in Reserve, took over the position of 15th Battery, which proceeded to Liere.
16th Battery fired twelve rounds at ‘S’ Bend.
17th Battery fired at a communication trench at Cantileux for registration. Range 3525/3725 yards.
2/Lt H B Wells (6th London Ammunition Column) was attached to 17th Battery.
- 4th Yorks land in Boulogne 4th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment land in Boulogne at about 2 am, and make camp on nearby hills. They broke camp at 10pm and marched to Desveen where they entrained for Cassel, the Officers riding in first class carriages, the NCOs and men in cattle wagons.
- Church Parade 9th Lancers in billets at Meteren.
Church of England Parade service at 0915 hours.
2 Officers from England. Captain F.O. Grenfell VC & Captain J.G. Porter rejoin the regiment.
- Transfer to Boulogne Lt. Preston having been relieved by Lt. Mullen proceeded this day to Boulogne for duty.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- 18th Apr 1915 On the Move
- 18th Apr 1915 Trench Work
- 18th Apr 1915 Quiet Day
- 18th Apr 1915 Reconnaissance
- 18th Apr 1915 Stores
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:9 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved