The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
17th September 1914On this day:
- E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA Relocate E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA joined 5th Cavalry Brigade and leaving bivouac at 0600 were in action 3/4 mile from Chassemy all day. Fired a few rounds at long range. Very wet all day. Went into billets at Cerseuil at 1900.
- 17th September 1914 Ongoing Action
- 17th September 1914
- 17th Sep 1914 Vicious Fighting & Dirty Tricks
- 17th Sep 1914 Entrenching
- 17th Sep 1914 In Action
- 17th Sep 1914 Training
- 17th September 1914 Battle of the Aisne
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:8 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved