The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
17th December 1915On this day:
- Registering 6th County of London Brigade RFA at
Annequin report all batteries registering the German front line. An establishment of 50% Shrapnel and 50% High Explosive is to be maintained. Log Books & Registration Books are being kept by OC. Batteries.
Arrangements for cooperation in case of attacks have been concluded between OC. Lowe Group and OC. 41st Brigade RFA on our left (i.e. north).
- 6th East Yorks leave Suvla Bay The 6th Battalion East Yorkshire Regiment (Pioneers) embarked from West Beach, Suvla Bay on SS Bawry and disembarked Mudros.
- 17th December 1915 9th Lancers tour Postponed
- 17th Dec 1915 Preparation to Move
- 17th December 1915
- 17th Dec 1915 Night Sports
- 17th Dec 1915 Cruiser sunk
- 17th Dec 1915 Trench Repairs
- 17th Dec 1915 2nd East Surreys on the Move
- 17th Dec 1915 New Quarters
- 17th Dec 1915 On the March
- 17th Dec 1915 Fatigue Party
- 17th Dec 1915 Trench Work
- 17th Dec 1915 Reliefs
- 17th December 1915 Maxim gun training
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Killed, Wounded, Missing and Prisoner Reports published this day.
This section is under construction and only available to subscribers of our Library
Want to know more?
There are:15 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved