The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
16th November 1915On this day:
- Relocations 6th County of London Brigade RFA sections which arrived at Noeux les Mines last night, parked their 15pdrs near the station, dumped their 15pounderdr ammunition in a selected spot and, having taken over their 18pounders which arrived on Sunday last, proceeded to Auchel to rest.
The remaining sections of the 15th, 16th & 17th London Batteries were relieved at 1630 and proceeded to Noeux les Mines, where they remained for the night.
- 16th November 1915 9th Lancers Move
- Sheffield City Battalion move to Larkhill The 12th York and Lancs Battalion move from Hurcott Camp to Larkhill for parts 3 and 4 of the Musketry course. Each man was issued with his own SMLE Rifle and the course included firing from trenches as well as on the traditional ranges. A few days after arriving at Larkhill an order was received to prepare to proceed to France.
Sheffield City Battalion - Ralph Gibson & Paul Oldfield
- Relocation E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA
The Battery marched 5 kilometers into new billets at Ergny. There had been a very heavy fall of snow the night before which made marching difficult but owing to having put nails into the horses hind shoes no horses fell
- 16th Nov 1915 New Pioneers
- 16th Nov 1915 Amusing Experiences
- 16th Nov 1915 Manning Posts
- 16th Nov 1915 18th Middlesex On the Move
- 16th Nov 1915 Trench Raid
- 16th Nov 1915 Attack Supported
- 16th Nov 1915 Off Duty
- 16th Nov 1915 Concert
- 16th Nov 1915 Drill
- 16th Nov 1915 New Billets
- 16th Nov 1915 Reliefs
- 16th Nov 1915 Into Billets
- 16th November 1915
- 16th Nov 1915 Thunder Storm
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Killed, Wounded, Missing and Prisoner Reports published this day.
This section is under construction and only available to subscribers of our Library
Want to know more?
There are:18 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved