The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
16th July 1915On this day:
- Batteryies in action 6th London Brigade RFA 6th County of London Brigade RFA reports
15th London Battery fired 10 rounds in retaliation on forward German trenches.
16th London Battery also fired in retaliation and registered in addition G.34.b.7.7 – G.35.a.1.6 – G.29.c.9.1 – G.35.b.7.3.
17th London Battery again fired on several occasions on enemy transport at H.25.d.
Senior Officer J. Legrix (Interpreter) proceeded to Elbeuf on 8 days leave of absence.
- 16th July 1915 9th Lancers train
- Inspection at Fort Rompu Visited by Assistant Adjutant and Quartermaster General and Assistant Director of Medical Services 27th Division, who inspected the whole of the building occupied by the unit. The ADMS considered the arrangements for reception of sick and wounded satisfactory.
In the afternoon visited by General Officer Commanding 27th Division.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Fort Rompu
- 16th Jul 1915 7th Northumberlands on the March
- 16th Jul 1915 Trench Work
- 16th Jul 1915 On the March
- 16th Jul 1915 Reorganising
- 16th Jul 1915 Trench Recce
- 16th Jul 1915 Lack of Water
- 16th July 1915
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:10 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved