The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
16th December 1915On this day:
- Rehistration 6th County of London Brigade RFA report the right sections of Batteries, which came into action last night, registered. The left sections of “Lowe Group”, together with Brigade Headquarters & 6th London Ammunition Column left Auchel and proceeded into action at Annequin. Group Headquarters are at F.29.g.8.4.
A section of the 7th London Ammunition Column will be attached to the 6th London Ammunition Col for purposes of supplying the 19th London Battery with ammunition. The 19th London Battery is attached to this Brigade for tactics only, not administration.
Wagon lines are as follows:
15th and 19th London Batteries at Labourse.
16th and 17th London Batteries at Verquigneul.
The Brigade Ammunition Column is at Verquin.
The Left sections registered and 17th London Battery set on fire a bomb store at foot of Fosse 8.
- 16th December 1915 9th Lancers Ordered to Move
- 16th Dec 1915 Arrangements to Move
- 16th Dec 1915 Hearts of Stone
- 16th Dec 1915 Suspected Scabies
- 16th Dec 1915 Machine Guns Move
- 16th Dec 1915 Working Parties
- 16th Dec 1915 Trench Work
- 16th Dec 1915 Reinforcements
- 16th Dec 1915 Reliefs
- 16th December 1915 Assault practice
- 16th Dec 1915 Improvements
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Killed, Wounded, Missing and Prisoner Reports published this day.
This section is under construction and only available to subscribers of our Library
Want to know more?
There are:12 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved