The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
15th November 1914On this day:
- Zeppelin LZ30 takes to the air Zeppelin LZ30 (ZXI) an M Class craft undertook its first flight on the 15th November 1914. It ent on to be used for raids on Warsaw, Grodno and other targets on the Eastern Front. It was destroyed in an accident on the 20th May 1915.
- Relocation E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA
Marched at 1300 and went into billets at Dranoutre at 1530 in support - very wet.
- Ceremonial Funeral 2nd Battalion - Royal Irish Regiment
Saturday, November 15th, 1914 - St. Omer
Furnished Guard of Honour to body of late Field Marshal Earl Roberts who died at this station.
- 15th Nov 1914 1st East Lancs under fire
- 15th Nov 1914 Counter Attack Suceeds
- 15th Nov 1914 Inspection for 13th Londons
- 15th Nov 1914 Bad Weather
- 15th Nov 1914 On the Move
- 15th Nov 1914 Brothers Wounded
- 15th November 1914 Ongoing German Attacks repelled by Artillery and machine guns
- 15th Nov 1914 Reliefs
- 6th Nov 1914 In Good Care
- 21st Division move to billets for winter In November 1914, 21st Division left Halton Park and moved into billets for the winter. The 10th Green Howards departed for Aylesbury on the 15th of November.
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:13 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Remembering those who died this day. Dvr. Walter Dowler. Royal Field Artillery 39th Brigade, 46th Battery. A/CSM. Leonard Gillborn. DCM Northumberland Fusiliers 1st Btn Read their Story. Pte. Herbert Joseph Wright. Royal Warwickshire Regiment 2nd Btn Read their Story.
Add a name to this list.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVIII
- All Rights Reserved