The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
15th March 1915On this day:
- 9th Mar 1915 Training
- 6th London Brigade RFA Depart for France 6th County of London Brigade RFA left Hemel Hempstead by sections, starting with the 16th Battery at 2045, (15th March 1915). They departed at intervals of about 2 hours and entrained on arrival at Berkhamstead. Each section, on reaching Southampton, embarked forthwith.
- 15th March 1915 9th Lancers at Meteren
- 19th Field Ambulance Move Received secret orders re move of 19th Field Ambulance to Erquinghem-Lys to take over the billets of 18th Field Ambulance and work line of 19th Infantry Brigade.
Lt. Gurney-Dixon reported his arrival for duty. Lt. Davidson, GS wounds, left hand and hip, transferred to Base this morning.
War Diary 19th Field Ambulance RAMC, Armentières
- Tyneside Irish in training By March 1915 24th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers had 1737 men, they were now training in Alnwick, Northumberland. They marched proudly from Alnwick railway station through the town to the camp. Recruiting continued across the North East. By the end of spring there were enough volunteers to make four Battalions and a reserve Battalion. Nearly 70% of those were from mining communities in County Durham. Not all men were of Irish ancestry, Some men volunteered for the Tyneside Irish Battalions because their mates did or because it was the nearest recruitment office.
- 15th Mar 1915 Quiet day for 2nd Queens
- 15th Mar 1915 All quiet
- 15th March 1915
- 15th Mar 1915 Platoon Training
- 15th Mar 1915 Defence Work
- 15th Mar 1915 Credit Due
- 15th Mar 1915 War Diary
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:12 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved