The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
15th July 1915On this day:
- U-9 joins Baltic Flotilla SM U-9 commanded by Johannes Spieß transfers from I Flotilla to the Baltic Flotilla.
- 6th London Brigade RFA Fire 15th London Battery fired a total of 36 rounds in retaliation on the enemy’s front trenches and the 16th London Battery fired a total of 48 rounds on the same objective in retaliation.
The 17th London Battery fired on several occasions at traffic passing the crossroads at H.25.D and on 2 occasions at German working parties.
- 19th Heavy Battery proceed to France 19th Heavy Battery RGA arrive in France
- 15th July 1915 9th Lancers training continues
- Immediate move to Fort Rompu Capt. JB Williamson RAMC assumed temporary command of 19th Field Ambulance vice Capt. CG Browne RAMC appointed Deputy Assistant Director Medical Services VII Corps. Capt. CG Browne left the unit for GHQ this day. (Signed CG Browne)
Orders received at 2 pm from Assistant Director of Medical Services 27th Division, for 19th Field Ambulance to move at once to brewery at Fort Rompu, square H7d6.4. 19th Field Ambulance Paraded at 3:45 and marched complete at 4 pm. then took over brewery vacated by 26th Field Ambulance. Arranged accommodation for about 40 patients. At 11 pm visited by ADMS who considered accommodation insufficient. Prepared further accommodation allowing for total of about 120 lying down cases. All action posts in area cleared maintained as before.
(signed JB Williamson)
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Ly. from 4 pm from Fort Rompu
- 15th Jul 1915 Trench digging by night
- 15th Jul 1915 7th Northumberlands Rest
- 15th Jul 1915 Trench Work
- 15th Jul 1915 Leave Begins
- 15th Jul 1915 Reliefs Completed
- 15th Jul 1915 Change of Billets
- 15th July 1915
- 15th Jul 1915 On the Move
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:13 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved