The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
15th April 1915On this day:
- 13th KRRC move to Salisbury Plain 13th Battn KRRC continued training from their billets until the 9th April 1915 when the battalion entrained to Windmill Camp, near Ludgershall Salisbury Plain in two parties. They were there equipped with the new SMLE and joined the 111th Infantry Brigade, 37th Division.
- 7th Black Watch hand over Kingshorn Battery. In mid April 1915 Kinghorn Battery was handed over to the 2nd/7th Battalion Black Watch, with the 1st/7th departing for Bedford to join their Divsion enroute to France.
- 6th London Brigade RFA Registrations and Inspection 6th County of London Brigade RFA record 15th Battery fired on red cottage in Cantileux. Range 3950 yards.
16th Battery registered three points, including the end of a German breastwork (A.3.c.1.4). Range 3775 yards.
17th Battery were inspected by GOC First Army, General Sir Douglas Haig, at two hours notice. The GOC expressed his satisfaction at the appearance of the men, harnesses and guns.
- HMS Abercrombie launched in Belfast HMS Abercrombie was a Monitor, she was built by Harland & Wolff in Belfast and was launched on the 15th April 1915. She served in the Eastern Mediterranean until 1918.
- 15th April 1915 Tactical Tours
- 1st Bn Herts takes over from Civil Service Rifles Battalion took over from 15th Bn City of London Regt. (Civil Service Rifles).
- 1/6th West Yorks proceed to France 6th Battalion West Yorks proceed to France on the 15th April 1915, sailing from Folkestone and landing at Boulogne with 146th Brigade, 49th (West Riding) Division.
- 15th April 1915 Relief and relocation
- 15th Apr 1915 8th Worcesters in the trenches
- 15th Apr 1915 At Rest
- 15th Apr 1915 Training & Working Parties
- 15th Apr 1915 Trench Work
- 15th Apr 1915 Training
- 15th Apr 1915 Orders
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:14 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved