The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
14th February 1915On this day:
- 71st Heavy Battery proceed to France 71st Heavy Battery RGA arrive in France
- Durham Light Infantry enteric fever testing Three men of DLI who have been intimately associated with Pte Hall admitted for observation - bottle and tubes sent from Mobile Laboratory for collection of faeces and urine for bacteriological examination and dispatched the next morning.
- 14th Feb 1915 Battleship Relieved
- French attempt advance on 1st Bn Herts Two Maxims of the Regiment were in action when the French attempted an advance.
- 14th Feb 1915 2nd Queens ready
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:5 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved