The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
13th March 1915On this day:
- 13th March 1915 Inspection Cancelled
- Continued shelling Some shelling of the new trenches appears to have been going on during the day at L'Epinette reported by 19th Field Abulance. Lt. Ford and 'C' Bearer Subdivision went out tonight, for the collection of the wounded
War Diary 19th Field Ambulance RAMC, Armentières
- Valiant rescue by CSM Raven 1st Bn Herts Two Companies in trenches, 2 in support. Digging in the evening. Casualties 4 wounded (C.S.M. Raven left trenches and went out and brought in Cpl Beaver of the 1st Bn Kings Royal Rifles who had been wounded 2 days previous (sic).
War Diary of the 1st Battalion Hertfordshire Regiment
- Relocation E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA with 5th Cavalry Brigade are in Reserve near Melville. They moved at 1530 to billet 2 miles north of Merville at Gavdescure. In billets at 1800 and spent 14th to 16th March in billets at Gavdescure.
- 13th Mar 1915 Fortifications Completed
- 13th Mar 1915 2nd Queens in trenches
- 13th Mar 1915 Tough Work
- 13th Mar 1915 Ready to Move
- 13th Mar 1915 Intense Bombardment
- 13th Mar 1915 Near the Guns
- 13th Mar 1915 Lucky Escape
- 13th Mar 1915 Orders
- 13th Mar 1915 Change of Command
- 13th Mar 1915 Preparations
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:14 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved