The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
13th June 1915On this day:
- Officers rejoining 6th London Brigade RFA 6th London Brigade Royal Field Artillery records, Lt R.A. Corsan and Lt C.E.H. Lloyd, both of whom had suffered from measles, arrived at Lapugnoy from England.
- Shetland Companies leave the Isles. Shetland Companies left Shetland on SS Cambria. They were an individual unit until the Battle of Beaumont Hamel. Thereafter, they were integrated into the Gordon Battalions.
- 13th June 1915 Church Parade
- New ADMS 27th Div inspects Assistant Director of Medical Services (Col. Browne) on taking over the 27th Division inspected the buildings and organisation of the Field Ambulance.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- DCMs warded to 1st Bn Herts men Notification received the Company Sergeant Major Abbott, Acting R.Q.M.S. Rayment and Sgt. Selby have been awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal.
War Diary of the 1st Battalion Hertfordshire Regiment
- 13th Jun 1915 19th Seige Bty RGA at Gorre
- 13th Jun 1915 Trench Work
- 13th Jun 1915 Working Parties
- 13th Jun 1915 Trench Work
- 13th Jun 1915 Training
- 13th Jun 1915 Dugouts
- 13th Jun 1915 Instruction
- 13th June 1915 Reliefs
- 13th of June 1915 Enemy activety
- 13th of June 1915 Situation normal
- 13th of June 1915 Enemy shelling
- 13th of June 1915 Future operations discussed
- 13th of June 1915 Departure of cavalry
- 13th of June 1915 Shelling German working party
- 13th of June 1915 Troop movements
- 13th of June 1915
- 13th Jul 1915 Into Billets
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:22 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVIII
- All Rights Reserved