The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
12th November 1915On this day:
- Quiet Day 6th County of London Brigade RFA at
Mazingarbe report they fired at 0800 and 0820 short bombardments of Puits 13 Bis took place.
Later at 1730, 1745 and 1820 further short bombardments of Hulluch and the roads about it were carried out.
A very quiet day, but Railway Alley was again intermittently shelled by the enemy. There were occasional bursts of fire on our Front Line and Communication trenches.
17th London Battery again spotted the flashes of 2 enemy batteries.
2/Lt H.L. Burgess, 3/6 London Brigade RFA reported for duty from England and was attached to the 140th Infantry Brigade as liaison officer.
- 12th November 1915 Heavy Rain
- SS Moorside lost The SS Moorside was lost whilst sailing from Leith for France loaded with coal. She sank with Breakwater Buoy bearing S by W, 8 lives were lost including the Master. She was owned by T H Catcheside & Co was registered in Newcastle
- 12th Nov 1915 Into Divisional Reserve
- 12th Nov 1915 Inspection & Bathing
- 12th Nov 1915 18th Middlesex proceed to France
- 12th Nov 1915 Off Duty
- 12th Nov 1915 In Comfortable Quarters
- 12th Nov 1915 Working Parties
- 12th Nov 1915 Reliefs Completed
- 12th Nov 1915 Reliefs
- 12th Nov 1915 Reliefs
- 12th Nov 1915 Bad Weather
- 12th November 1915 Routine parades
- 12th Nov 1915 On the Move
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:15 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved