The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
10th October 1915On this day:
- Church Parade Church Parade at 1045 for the whole 6th London Brigade.
Order to move at a half hour notice cancelled.
- 14th DLI arrive at Armentieres 14th Btn. Durham Light Infantry arrive at Armentieres.
- 10th October 1915 Church service
- P Class Zeppelin Zeppelin LZ56 (LZ86)
- Production Ref: LZ56
- Class type : P
- Tactical ref: LZ86
- Usage: Military
- First Flight: 10th October 1915
Carried out 7 attacks dropping a total of 14,800 kg (32,600 lb) of bombs along the Eastern and South-Eastern front. It crashed on the 5th September 1916 at Temesvar,(now Timisoara, Romania) killing nine of the crew.
- 10th Oct 1915 Recovering from Wounds
- 10th Oct 1915 10th Essex in Reserve
- 10th Oct 1915 Last Letter Home
- 10th Oct 1915 Instruction
- 10th Oct 1915 In Billets
- 10th Oct 1915 Church Parade
- 10th of October 1915 New and Old Armies
- 10th of October 1915 No Blankets
- 10th of October 1915 Sniper Casualties
- 10th Oct 1915 Enemy Aircraft
- 10th of October Quiet
- 10th of October Reliefs
- 10th of October Orders
- 10th October 1915
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:18 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved