The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
10th July 1915On this day:
- 6th London Brigade RFA in Action 15th London Battery fired 16 rounds on the enemy’s first line trench G.28.b.5.
It also fired at a working party of 6 German gunners cutting cover at G.23.0.8, whereupon they retired.
16th London Battery fired 22 rounds from G.28.b.9.5 – G.25.b.5.0 in registration and retaliation.
17th London Battery registered G.34.a – G.34.c.
Arrangements were concluded whereby the 17th Lon Battery will fire with the new 80 fuze ammunition.
The whole Brigade therefore is now firing with this ammunition.
- 10th July 1915 9th Lancers receive orders
- Selecting Field Ambulance sites Accompanied by Capt. Browne DSO and Lt. Hampson, Transport Officer met the Assistant Director of Medical Services 27th Division north of Erquinghem Bridge to select possible sites for the unopened sections of Field Ambulance in Armentières and Erquinghem. Two farms with adjacent fields likely to be suitable were noted one at B20d4.2 and the other at B26d5.5.
Sent in written report as to disposition of the section the Field Ambulance, showing strength at each place in men, horses and vehicles.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- 10th Jul 1915 5th Yorks & Lancs under heavy Fire.
- 10th Jul 1915 7th Northumberlands Relieve 5th.
- 10th Jul 1915 Cricket Match
- 10th Jul 1915 On the Move
- 10th Jul 1915 Working Parties
- 10th Jul 1915 In Support
- 10th Jul 1915 Preparations
- 10th Jul 1915 Terracing
- 10th Jul 1915 Stand To
- 10th July 1915
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:13 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved