The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
8th June 1915On this day:
- 6th London Brigade RFA prepare to Move 15th London Battery fired 12 rounds on G.4.b.5.3. 16th London Battery did not fire.
17th London Battery, in reply to 2 rounds on our front trenches, 2 rounds H.E. on our communication trenches and 3 rounds on the Le Rutuire from the enemy, fired 4 rounds and 6 rounds on the Bois Carre.
At 2030 one section of each Battery of this Brigade withdrew from its position at Vermelles and proceeded to Lapugnoy to rest.
- 8th June 1915 9th Lancers train
- 8th of June 1915 Keeping a record
- 8th of June 1915 Reconnaisance
- 8th of June 1915 Mine
- More meningitis cases Visited with Deputy Assistant Director Medical Services 27th Division, the Assistant Director of Medical Services (ADMS) XII Division re arrangements for attachment of officers of 12th Division Field Ambulance to this Field Ambulance.
Four cases reported suspected cerebrospinal meningitis in 5/Scottish Rifles ordered to be sent to Isolation Hospital, Bailleul by ADMS 27th Division. Transferred 8 am 9th June.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- 8th Jun 1915 Thunderstorms
- 8th Jun 1915 In Bivouacs
- 8th Jun 1915 Brigade Conference
- 8th Jun 1915 Reorganisation
- 8th Jun 1915 Kit Inspection
- 8th Jun 1915 In Billets
- 8th of June 1915 Targets identified
- 8th of June 1915 All quiet
- 8th of June 1915
- 8th of June 1915 GOC visits
- 8th of June 1915 GOC Conference
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:17 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved