The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
8th July 1915On this day:
- 6th London Brigade RFA Movements One section of the 15th London Battery left it's position at Vermelles and one section of the 16th London Battery left itís position at Annequim and proceeded to a new position at Mazingarbe, as did one section of the 17th London Battery from Lapugoy, where the 17th Lon Battery and Brigade Headquarters had remained.
All the above moves took place after dusk today.
- 8th July 1915 9th Lancers train
- Damping of smoke helmets Parade of half the Field Ambulance for damping of smoke helmets. Lt. Ford as the Brigade respirator advisor is completing the damping off all smoke helmets of the Brigade.
War diary RAMC 19th Field Ambulance, Erquinghem-Lys
- Capt Gathorne-Hardy leaves 1st Bn Herts Captain the Honourable N.C. Gathorne-Hardy, Adjutant, left the Battalion to command the 4th Bn Rifle Brigade
War Diary of the 1st Battalion Hertfordshire Regiment
- Relocation E Battery 3rd Brigade RHA
In reserve with 5th Cavalry Brigade near Noordpeene.
Changed our billets owing to want of water and went into bivouac and billets in a farm 3/4 miles South East of Noordpeene.
9th to 27th July - in reserve near Noordpeene.
- 8th Jul 1915 Kitchener's Visit
- 08th Jul 1915 Route March and Working Parties
- 8th Jul 1915 Working Parties
- 8th Jul 1915 Enemy Movements
- 8th Jul 1915 Improvements
- 8th Jul 1915 Trench Work
- 8th July 1915
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:12 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved