The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
7th March 1915On this day:
- 7th March 1915 6th London RFA, Equipment movements
- 9th North Staffords at Hastings B Company, 9th Battalion North Staffs Regiment are at Hastings.
- Arrival of Lt. Clark Lt. R Clark reported his arrival at Armentières from St Omer for duty with 19th Field Ambulance RAMC.
War Diary 19th Field Ambulance RAMC, Armentières
- 1st Bn Herts still at Vendin 1st Hertfordshire Btn are in Corps Reserve at Vendin
War Diary of the 1st Battalion Hertfordshire Regiment
- No 1 Squadron Royal Flying Corps was formed on 13 May 1912 from No 1 Balloon Company of the Royal Engineers which had been formed at Woolwich in 1878. In 1914 the Squadron transferred its balloon operations to the new Royal Naval Air Squadron and became an aeroplane fighting force based at Brooklands
At the outbreak of war the squadron initially provided aircrew training at Brooklands, but on 7 March 1915 it crossed over to RFC HQ at St Omer in France. It was equipped with a mixture of Avro 504s and Royal Aircraft Factory B.E.8s, and operated mainly in the reconnaissance role.
- 7th Mar 1915 2nd Queens in billets
- 7th Mar 1915 Bombardment Continues
- 7th Mar 1915 Rendezvous at Sea
- 7th Mar 1915 Platoon Training
- 7th Mar 1915 13th Londons on the March
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:10 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved