The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
4th March 1916On this day:
- Re-routing of Units 6th County of London Brigade RFA record an order received late last night to leave billets and proceed to different area as villages were found to be infected with measles. The Brigade started out and had to return to Coyecques where the 15th Battalion London Regiment had billeted itself. After a certain amount of difficulty the Brigade got back into its old billets with certain exceptions. The Brigade Ammunition Column went to Westrehem.
- 13th East Yorks enroute to France The 13th East Yorks sailing to France, passed the Med Fleet at 2am Mar 4th. Passed Malta at 11.30pm.
- 4th Mar 1916 At Buckingham Palace
- 4th Mar 1916 Short Shooting
- 4th Mar 1916 Transports Sunk
- 4th Mar 1916 Baths
- 4th Mar 1916 Heavy Fighting
- 4th Mar 1916 Snipers Active
- 4th March 1916 Move to Hedauville
- 4th of March 1916 Sniper Danger
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Want to know more?
There are:10 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved