The Wartime Memories Project - The Great War - Day by Day
3rd January 1917On this day:
- 3rd Jan 1917 Very wet in Ypres Sector
- 3rd January 1917 33rd Battalion AIF supply working party
- 33rd Battalion AIF list of names for training courses, appendix No. 1 NO. RANK. NAME. NATURE. PLACE. DATE
818. Sgt. Lloyd. CJ BDE. BOMBING. SCH. PONT DE PIERRE 3-1-17
1181. Sgt. Lyons. WM do. do. do.
(The above NCOs were detailed as instructors.)
5 men per Company. BDE. BOMBING SCH. PONT DE PIERRE. 3-1-17
Lt. CAK Cohen SIGNALLING SCH. ZUTYPEENE. 15-1-17
884. L/Cpl. Tribe. BR. do. do. do.
1173. Pte. Lovejoy AJ. do. do. do.
1454. Sgt. Penning. RS. SANITATION SCH. ARMENTIÈRES. 8-1-17
5157A. Pte. Stafford W. do. do. do.
5037B. Pte. Hamilton. GA. 9th A.L.T.M. do. 5-1-17
5054A. Pte. Hutchinson. G. do. (School do. do.
5010. Pte. Pascoe. LJ. do. of do. do.
5099A. Pte. Wade. WR. do. Instruct- do. do.
5084A. Pte. Ryan. E. do. ion). do. do.
5115A. Wright. TF. do. do. do.
978? Pte. Phifer. OJ. SNIPING SCHOOL. MONT DES CATS. 6-1-17.
Capt. Rosenthal. CP. SANITATION SCH. HAZEBROUCK. 8-1-17.
Lieut.AG Farleigh. LEWIS GUN SCH. LE TOUQUET. 12-1-17.
?36. Pte. Edwards. RC. do. do. do.
1?80. Pte. Walpole. CP. SNIPING SCHOOL. MONT DES CATS. 13-1-17.
1417. L/Cpl McDonald J. TRANSPORT SCH. ABBEVILLE. 7-1-17.
1060. L/Cpl. Byrne. PJ GAS. SCHOOL. OXELAIRE. 17-1-17.
1784A. Cpl. Chapman. WP. do. do. do.
1142. L/Cpl. Hadkins. WL. P.T. and B.F. STEENWERCK. 14-1-17.
547. L/Cpl. Spencer. HT. do. do. do.
Lieut. WJC Duncan. ) BOMBING and
716. Sgt. Burke. FJ ) TRENCH TACTICS. do. do.
77. Cpl. Goss. EG ) do. do. do.
436. Cpl. Harris. CA. ANTI-GAS. do. do.
Lieut. Smith. LCB )
940. L/Cpl. Reid. J. ) MUSKETRY. do. do.
174. L/Cpl. Shepherd. C. )
379. Pte. Capel. RS. SNIPING SCHOOL. do. do.
967. Cpl. Mathias. LJ. LEWIS GUN SCHOOL. do. do.
1954. L/Cpl. See. GE. RAPID WIRING. do. do.
Lieut. WW Stockham. TRENCH MORTAR. TREDEGHEM. 15-1-17.
1245. Sgt. Simpson. WH. P.T. and B.F. MOREBECQUE. 14-1-17
1459. Pte. Byran. FT. SANITATION SCH. ARMENTIÈRES. 15-1-17.
907. Pte. Wellington. R. do. do. do.
1833. Cpl. Richardson. G. LEWIS GUN SCHOOL. LE TOUQUET. 20-1-17
?67. Cpl. Mathias. LJ. P.T. and B.F. STEENWERCK. 28-1-17
407. Cpl. Grattan. JS. ) BOMBING and
1?85. Cpl. White. AF. ) TRENCH TACTICS. do. do.
387. L/Cpl. Connolly. VP. ) MUSKETRY. do. do.
2034. Cpl. Boulton. LR. ) do.
30. L/Cpl. Clifton. M. SNIPING SCHOOL. do. do.
2148. L/Cpl. Whitehill. WO. LEWIS GUN SCHOOL. do. do.
704. Cpl. Barrow. SJ. RAPID WIRING. do. do.
Lieut. CR Cormack. STOKES MORTAR. TERDEGHEM. do.
178. Cpl. Stone. RE. do. do. do.
389. Sgt. Crowley. CS. P.T. and B.F. MOREBECQUE. 28-1-17
444 Pte. Hogan. P. SANITATION SCH. MONT DES CATS. 23-1-17
1464. Pte. O'Neill. do. do. do.
498. Pte. Matthews. J. SNIPING SCHOOL. MONT DES CATS 23-1-17
511. Pte. Nelson. H. LEWIS GUN SCH. LE TOUQUET. 28-1-17
862. Pte. Simpson. FJ. SANITATION SCH. ARMENTIÈRES. 29-1-17
1468. Pte. Long. HMS. do. do. do.
Lieut. TA Armstrong. CORPS SCHOOL. MOREBECQUE. 28-1-17
896. Sgt. Campbell. KJ do. do. do.
4298A. Pte. Corby. DE. SNIPING SCHOOL. MONT DES CATS. 3-2-17
148. L/Cpl. Paton. AJ. P.T. and B.F. STEENWERCK. 5-2-17
1297. Cpl. Tufrey. WJ. ) BOMBING and
1054. L/Cpl. Ahrens. J. ). TRENCH TACTICS. do. do.
958. L/Cpl. Beat. WJ. LEWIS GUN SCHOOL do. do.
2202. L/Cpl. Sawyer. D. RAPID WIRING. do. do.
747. Cpl. Crapnell. J. ) STOKES MORTAR. do. do.
484. L/Cpl. McIlveen. ) do. do. do.
33rd Btn Australian Imperial Force War Diary
- 3rd January 1917 Return to regiment
- 3rd Jan 1917 On the March
- 3rd Jan 1917 Training & Football
- 3rd Jan 1917 Relief
- 3rd Jan 1917 Training
- 3rd of January 1917 Daily Training
Can you add to this factual information? Do you know the whereabouts of a unit on a particular day? Do you have a copy of an official war diary entry? Details of an an incident? The loss of a ship? A letter, postcard, photo or any other interesting snipts?
If your information relates only to an individual, eg. enlistment, award of a medal or death, please use this form: Add a story.
Killed, Wounded, Missing and Prisoner Reports published this day.
This section is under construction and only available to subscribers of our Library
Want to know more?
There are:9 articles tagged with this date available in our Library These include information on officers service records, letters, diaries, personal accounts and information about actions during the Great War.
Items from the Home Front Archive
Do you have any letters, photos, postcards, documents or memorabilia from the Great War? We would love to include copies. Please use this form to submit diary entries and letters or photographs for this new Section: add to this archive.
The Wartime Memories Project is a non profit organisation run by volunteers.
This website is paid for out of our own pockets, library subscriptions and from donations made by visitors.
The popularity of the site means that it is far exceeding available resources.
If you are enjoying the site, please consider making a donation, however small
to help with the costs of keeping the site running.
The Wartime Memories Project Website
is archived for preservation by the British Library
Website © Copyright MCMXCIX - MMXVII
- All Rights Reserved